Yet another great news for all Micromax A116 Canvas HD users has arrived, yeah it’s been launched. Guess what? Of course, it’s the long awaited stable 4.2 update for your MMX Canvas HD. Let me tell you something, though it’s stable (in fact, the most stable) , this is not an official firmware update and definitely you may hamper the warranty. But wait, using a simple procedure, you can retain the warranty as well that I will discuss you later.
In this tutorial, I will be leading you to manually update your Android firmware from 4.1 to 4.2 along with ClockWorkMod recovery installation. We are using the famous SP Flashing Tool here to flash your Canvas HD as it’s specially built for MMX devices, especially the canvas phones.
I have been surfing thorough some Micromax groups on Facebook and could see something burning under the hood. It was about the 4.2 update for A116 Canvas HD and the users were celebrating the moment. I really wondered why did they perform that much and asked one of my friends, who tasted the 4.2 update for his MMX Canvas HD.
According to him ( I don’t have this phone ) , the overall performance has been tremendously improved especially, the color aspects. Moreover, the update brought direct WiFi feature as well. They had run a benchmark test for the device and the result was unbelievable as the device’s output was mind blowing. You can see the benchmark result below.
I hope you might have amazed and special thanks to my Facebook friends and Ujjwal Kumar for this picture. Now we can dive into the procedure on updating your Micromax A116 Canvas HD to the latest Android 4.2 in the following steps.
All these tools and softwares are the properties of respective owners and we have no responsibility over these files. Also TechBii should not be held responsible for any malfunction/fault done by the part. However, you can seek our advise anytime during the clause via comments.
Update MMX A116 Canvas HD to Unofficial Android 4.2
- Download the following softwares – 4.2 Firmware (Here) , VCOM Drivers (Here) and SP Flashing Tool (Here) .
- Install the VCOM drivers that you downloaded in the previous step. Now extract the ROM file (Firmware) to the desktop or somewhere which is easily accessible.
- After installing SP flashing tool, open it and it and choose “Scatter-Loading” button. (See Screen Shot below)
- Now in the browse window, select the appropriate file (scatter file – txt format) from the ROM folder. Then check the boxes as well. (Can be found in the lower half of the tool). You may manually check any boxes if missed by the tool. Let it open and read on.
- Now take your phone and remove all external hardware stuffs like battery, SIM, SD Card etc. Then click on the “Download” button in the tool and proceed further notifications.
- It’s time to connect to the PC via USB cable (being in the switch off mode). Wait for the device to get detected by the tool. If you could not see any changes in the tool, just re-install the VCOM drivers and restart the whole process again.
- After successful data transfer, you may see a “Download OK” box, which implies you have updated your Micromax A116 Canvas HD without any glitch.
In the following lines, I will be guiding you to install CWM in your Canvas HD, which is very essential for your future development works.
Installing CWM Recovery on Micromax A116 Canvas HD
- Download the CWM file from Here and copy to the desktop.
- Now open the SP Flash tool again and load the Scatter file (as we done in the above procedure).
- Now check the box termed “Recovery” and let other boxes being not checked.
- Then load the CWM file through “Recovery” option.
- It’s time to remove the battery and other stuffs from the phone and click “Download” button.
- Wait for a while until the completion of the file transfer and unplug the Canvas HD phone after the notification. Now insert all the removed parts and reboot into recover mode (CWM) by pressing Vol Up + Vol Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Do a cache wipe by choosing “Wipe data/factory reset” in the CWM menu. Then move onto the “Advanced” menu and do an Dalvik Cache wipe. [Must Do Processes]
You have done almost all and it’s time to reboot your phone into normal mode. Note that the first boot may take up to 10 minutes so don’t worry about that.
Some Random Screenshots
Credits : My Friends who uploaded this screenshots and DroidExtra.org for the awesome tutorial
Have you enjoyed it? Well, that was the procedure on installing Android 4.2 update on your super cool Micromax A116 Canvas HD phone. Do let me know if you felt any step as hard, we will try our best to recover it and also do drop your valuable comments and feedback. Share this post to help your friends to make use of this.