Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL Exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to various departments under the Government of India. The various subordinates services like:
- Inspectors of Excise & Customs(Central)
- Assistants in various Ministries and Departments, Gov. of India
- Preventive Officers in Customs
- Examiner in Customs
- Sub-Inspectors in CBI & Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Assistant Enforcement Officer, Department of Revenue
- Auditor, Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India
- Accountant & Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBEC & CBDT
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
- Auditor Offices under CGA, CGDA, C&AG, etc.
The aspirants who clear the exam get recruited for Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts. The SSC CGL Recruitment process starts with an online application for the same. The candidates can apply for the posts through the link provided on the official website of SSC. Candidates who have completed their graduation can apply for the same.
To apply Online for SSC CGL Exam, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of SSC CGL and register yourself.
- Fill the application form, make sure you make no mistakes.
- Pay the application fee of the exam using Credit Card/Debit Card/Wallets/Internet Banking/Cash Cards, etc.
- Use an active and valid email id during filling the application form. You need to keep it active till the declaration of results as you’ll receive notifications and updates there only.
- Keep your recent scanned photograph and signature ready according to the requirements discussed in the official notification.
- Submit the application form after making sure that there are no errors.
- Download the filled application form. You can also take its print out for future reference.
The SSC CGL Recruitment process consists of four stages:
- Stage I: SSC CGL Tier I will be a computer-based online test. The exam will include 100 questions. The maximum marks of the test are 200 and the duration will be 60 minutes. The exam also has a negative marking of 0.50 for every wrong answer.
- Stage II: Candidates who qualify the tier-I will get to take the tier-II exam. SSC CGL Tier-II will also be an online test. There will be two papers in it and four papers for certain posts. The Paper-I will test your Quantitative Aptitude while the Paper-II will test your English Language & Comprehension. There will be 100 questions in the Paper-I and 200 questions in the Paper-II. The maximum marks for Paper-I will be 200 and for Paper-II 200. Tier-II will also have a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Stage III: SSC CGL Tier III will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks. It will be offline. Stage IV: SSC CGL Tier IV of the SSC CGL Recruitment process is Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) which is qualifying in nature. The DEST will be conducted for Tax Assistant Post only.
SSC CGL Syllabus for the Tier-I is:
- General Awareness: Sports, History, Culture, Economics, Geography, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Arithmetic(Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Average, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & DIstance, Mixture & Alligation, Probability, Permutation & Combinations), Algebra(Surds & Indices, Basic Elementary Level Algebra, Graphs & Linear Equation), Geometry, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Trigonometry
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- English Language & Comprehension
- Paper 1: It will test the Arithmetic Ability of the aspirants. The syllabus will be similar to the Tier-I syllabus but the difficulty level of the questions will be higher. The topics included are- Whole Numbers, Decimals & Fractions, Percentage, Average, Discount, Mensuration, Ratio & Time, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, Whole numbers, Fundamentals Arithmetic Operations.
- Paper 2: This paper will test your knowledge and understanding of the English Language. The standard of the paper will be of 10+2 level. The topics included in the SSC CGL Syllabus of Paper 2 are- Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Spellings, Phrases and Idioms, Sentence Structure, Comprehension, etc.
The SSC CGL Syllabus for the Tier-III is: It will be a descriptive paper. It will test the writing skills of the aspirants. The paper will include Letter writing and Application writing. The letter writing will include both types of letters i.e. formal(letter to the editor, letter to the municipality, etc.) and informal(letter to a friend, letter to relatives, etc.).
SSC CGL Syllabus for the Tier-IV: There is no syllabus for this stage. It will include skill tests and document verification.