The fact is that there are several SEO related myths which may simply drive any person nuts. Hence, doing some research can help the person to gain more knowledge with regards to Search Engine Optimization and have some common misconceptions to be eradicated and the truth about the same realized.
Common SEO Myths
- Sneaky tricks are to be learnt for outsmarting the search engine algorithm for gaining top rankings: This is wrong concept. The truth is there is no need to have the search engines to be fooled or outsmarted for helping the web pages in gaining top visibility. The person would be actually competing with the competitors only and not search engines. Hence, knowing the truth can help save a good amount of money, which otherwise would have been blown away on those tool sets, memberships and e-books which may be based upon those myths.
- Website is to be submitted to Search Engines. Hence, services are to be purchased from the professionals who would have the site to be submitted for just $29.95 to about 30,000 search engines: It is really better to have strategies employed which allow the search engine robots in finding the pages on its own, rather than submitting them. Any organization, which is known to have their entire traffic or SEO concept to be based upon submission, would mean they have to understand the functioning of the search engines. No valid reason has been cited for making use of submission service.
- If website is found to be banned, then the person might be an unethical or evil person: The truth is that search engine workshops might reject just about anything that are tricks, shortcuts or spam related and outside the guidelines of search engines. There are many, who might have been penalized or banned by search engines, however, are not aware of the best practices present. They may be listening to bad suggestions or from the wrong people.
- SEO can become a nightmare if tried to learn it: People who may be new to SEO and related stuff may find themselves to be burnt out after going through some success stories. For impacting upon the results, there are several essential things to be taken care of. People may spend their precious time on a single page, when pages in dozens can be performed by them in minimum time and taking less stress.
- There is a need to spend several hours trying to tweak the source code very month for maintaining top ranking positions: A professional firm can help to handle better and offer benefits. But tweaking the code to be in top ranking positions is not true. Fresh new contents are to be created.
- SEO is dead: These days, SEO has become more competitive, alive and kicking!
- Only a single correct solution is present for solving specific SEO challenge: For particular challenges in SEO, multiple solutions are present to be selected from. There are present numerous alternative white hat strategies.
Knowing the myths and seeking the best SEO Packages from the reputed professionals can help the website to be in top positions in the search engines.
Conclusion: It is important for the person to know the truth about SEO and the myths surrounding it. Only then can he avoid the same and ensure that his website grows in position over time