As I mentioned in my previous post, Sony Xperia T (mint) has got official CyanogenMod 14.1 update based on Android Nougat 7.1. Here’s how you can manually update your Xperia T to the official CM 14.1 build in a simple manner. Unlike other devices, the ROM can’t be directly flashed via TWRP. You need to extract the image file (boot.img) and manually execute commands first followed by TWRP ZIP flash.
Let’s begin updating your Xperia T to CM 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM. The installation includes two steps ; installing the boot image via command and flashing the ROM via custom recovery. Before that, I would like to let you know the pre-requisites and site disclaimer for CM 14.1 update on Xperia T.
Xperia T CM14.1 ROM Update : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Xperia T must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CM. Unlocked bootloader is also mandatory.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
- Download ADB driver for your PC and extract it to a folder. Link is given below
Downloads CM14.1 ROM, ADB Drivers & GApps for Xperia TCM 14.1 ROM GApps TWRP ADB Drivers
Nougat Update Guide for Xperia T : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Sony Xperia T to Nougat 7.1 by flashing CyanogenMod custom ROM is specifically written for this (T) device and should not be tried with any other variants. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
Xperia T CM14.1 ROM Install Instructions
- Download the ROM ZIP and extract it to a folder. Now copy the boot.img (kernel) file and paste it to the ADB folder.
- Copy the ROM file to your phone storage (without extraction)
- Connect your phone to computer and open command terminal under ADB folder. (Hold Shift key + right click).
- Now execute the following commands in the command terminal.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded CM14.1 (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Xperia T Nougat 7.1 update guide has been finished. After flashing CM14 ROM on Xperia T, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
CyanogenMod 14.1 will be successfully installed in your Xperia after a while. Now you have manually updated Sony Xperia T to Nougat 7.1 by installing CM custom ROM. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on the device, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- redmi 3s prime cyanogenmod 14 custom rom download
- Cyanogenmod 14 1 errors
- sony xperia nougat update volte
- update yureka to 7 1 nougat