An unofficial build of CM 14 is up for Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus version so that you can taste the awesomeness of android Nougat 7 in your phone. Unofficial builds are released by local developers and may contain minor bugs for daily usage. So it’s up to you whether to stay in stock ROM or update to Nougat 7 by installing CyanogenMod 14 in Lenovo A6000/Plus.
In this tutorial, I’ll be assisting you update your Lenovo A6000 or A6000 Plus phone to android Nougat by installing unofficial build of CyanogenMod 14 (CM 14). I have checked the developer forum and found that only a few things are missing like Camcoder option, in fact it works, but makes some lags sometimes. If you can ignore that, proceed with this guide to manually install CM 14 in your Lenovo A6000 to get Nougat 7 features.
CyanogenMod 14 for Lenovo A6000/Plus : Pre-requisites
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Lenovo A6000/Plus must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
- Maintain descent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during installation process.
CM 14 Update Guide for Lenovo A6000 : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Lenovo A6000 to Nougat by flashing CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM specifically written for this (A6000/Plus) device and should not be tried with any other variants like A7000 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
How to Update Lenovo A6000/Plus to CyanogenMod 14 Manually : Guide
[mks_button size=”large” title=”CM 14 for A6000″ style=”squared” url=”https://github.com/dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_kraft-a6000/releases/download/CM14-Test/cm-14.0-20161027-UNOFFICIAL-kraft-a6000.zip” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″]
[mks_button size=”large” title=”GApps for CM 14 – Choose arm64/pico” style=”squared” url=”http://opengapps.org/” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″]
- Download both CM 14.1 ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your OnePlus 3.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, power off your phone and press and hold Vol – key and Power button simultaneously till the device vibrates and boot to recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery.
- Now choose the downloaded CM 14.1 package (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
After flashing CyanogenMod 14 in Lenovo A6000, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again. Also after the boot logo, the phone screen will remain black for around 5 minutes.
Just keep calm and CM 14 will be successfully installed in your Lenovo A600 after a while. Now you have manually updated Lenovo A6000 to Nougat 7 by installing CyanogenMod (CM) 14. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device start up. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on your Lenovo, let me know.