CyanogenMod has started to build official Nougat 7.1 ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S5 and here’s how you can manually update Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7.1 via CM 14.1 custom ROM. It’s known that Samsung is very reluctant to give updates to their phones, this includes the flagship devices as well. The only you have got is to update the firmware manually by installing custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
Luckily, CM has extended their developer support to most of the popular devices and Galaxy S5 belongs to the Official build list. This tutorial helps you update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to latest android Nougat 7.1 by flashing CyanogenMod 14.1 version. Galaxy S5 has several models including global edition, China edition, Australia variant and US cellular (Sprint and AT&T) editions.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Nougat Update : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Galaxy S5 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
DownloadsCM 14.1 for Galaxy S5 GApps for CM 14.1
Nougat Update Guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7.1 by flashing CM 14.1 custom ROM is specifically written for this (S5) device and should not be tried with any other variants like Galaxy S4, S3 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
How to Update Galaxy S5 to CM 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Manually
- Download both CM 14.1 ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your Galaxy S5.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, followed by switch off Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time. Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S5 screen flickers and the main screen of Recovery mode appears.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded CM 14.1 (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Download Note for Other Variants
In the CyanogenMod page, you could see all available builds corresponding to Samsung Galaxy S5. Choose the appropriate version first before download. In this tutorial, I have included the link for the Global edition S5 and it should not be flashed on other variants like China or Australia editions. Keep that in mind.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Nougat 7.1 update guide has been finished. After flashing CM 14.1 on Galaxy S5, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
CyanogenMod 14.1 will be successfully installed in your Galaxy S5 after a while. Now you have manually updated Samsung Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7.1 by installing CM 14.1. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on your S5, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- cyanogenmod 14 galaxy s5
- Samsung s5 update 7 1
- cm 14 1 galaxy s5
- cm 14 1 volte fix s5
- nougat cm 14 1 for samsung galaxy s4 i773m
- samsung framework for CM 14 1
- Samsung Galaxy s5 updated 7 1