Here’s a quick tutorial to root, flash CWM recovery and install CyanogenMod 10.1 on Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 on android 4.2.2. Galaxy Tab P1000 is one of the first released tabs from Galaxy series and now there have been lots of new versions to this device such as Tab 7.1, Tab 10, 10.1 etc. Though it’s a first built device, this tab has been used by millions and lately I join the club.
Yesterday, one of my relatives approached me to install latest android 4.2.2 jelly bean on his Galaxy tab p1000 and I started to search for the rooting tools, recovery files and ROMs over various forums. But what I found is that most of those posts were truly imitating some authority tutorials and couldn’t find the complete tutorial.
If you are one of the desperate searchers, here’s the ultimate guide to root, recovery and install CM 10.1 on your galaxy tab. Here I shrink the 3 guides together for easy access. As usual, the first step is to root your Galaxy Tab P1000 running on Gingerbread and rest are flashing CWM recovery and flashing the ROM. Here we go.
- Rooting voids warranty and we’re not responsible for any malfunction that may happen to your device through this process. (Don’t worry, keep your side safe. We’ll take care further).
- Backup all important data in your device memory such as contacts, images, etc.
- Enable USB debugging as follows Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging.
- Download Samsung Kies [Link] to install necessary drivers on your PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 Running on Froyo (android 2.2)
- First of all, allow access to unknown apps from application settings
- Now download and install Z4Root tool [Link]on your galaxy tab.
- Now run it and choose “Permanent Root” option and hit enter. You’re done.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 Running on Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x)
- Do the same as mentioned in first step above if you didn’t do it already.
- Now download “DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit” [Link] on your computer. Extract it and connect your Tab to PC with USB cable.
- Now under extracted folder, open “runme” file and wait until it detects and flashes your tab. Done.
Now you have rooted your Galaxy Tab P1000 in the easiest manner. There’s also another method to root your tab with the help of Odin and CF root file. But this method seems to be much easier than the latter . In the next step, you will be learning how to flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab P1000. As usual, here we choose ClockWorkMod recovery and here it is.
How to Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery on Galaxy Tab P1000 – Recommended
- Install ROM Manager app from play store [Link]
- Open ROM Manager and choose “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” option.
- Just follow further instructions and now you have successfully flashed CWM recovery on your G Tab.
How to flash CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab P1000 via Odin – Alternative Method
- Download Odin [Link] and recovery flash-able tar file [Link] to your computer.
- Now install Odin and make sure you have installed all necessary drivers for your tab on computer. Download links can be found at requisites section.
- Switch off your device and enter your tab into Download Mode by pressing volume down key and power button simultaneously.
- Check if Odin detects your tab. If done, you will get “added” message on the display box. Also the ID:COM section will turn yellow.
- Now click on “PDA” button and choose the flash-able tar file which you have downloaded in the first step.
- Make sure “Re-Partition” box is unchecked. Else your tab will be bricked for sure.
- After doing all these steps, click start button and let it reboot your device. Done!
So far, you have rooted your Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 and flashed CWM recovery to install custom ROMS. It’s time to forget your stock ROM and get ready to accept CyanogenMod’s powerful custom ROM. See below to flash it.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 on Galaxy Tab P1000
- First download CM 10.1 ROM [Link] and GApps [Link] from here and copy to your tab’s device memory.
- Now switch off your tab and enter into recovery mode by pressing Home Button+Volume Down+power buttons.
- There, wipe all cache such as data, cache partition etc. Now choose install zip from sd card and choose the downloaded CM 10.1 ROM.
- Do the same with GApps. (But don’t wipe cache).
- After flashing both files, press “reboot system” and let it reboot.
You’re all done. Through this 3 in 1 ultimate guide, you have rooted, flashed CWM and even installed no.1 custom ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 on your Galaxy Tab. Note that the mentioned CM ROM is not a stable one and you may feel some bugs in it. As far as I tried, the bluetooth and USB tethering are not working in this last update. But use the latest update from the ROM list to reduce bugs.
You might be seeing the wonder circle of CyanogenMod in the next screen. Taste the ROM. Feel the ROM and let us know what you think about this article and drop your comments/doubts via comment section.
Recent search terms:
- cwm recovery for samsung galaxy tab gt-p1000
- gt-p1000 cwm
- how to root tab p1000
- how to flash and cwm in gt p1000 gingerbread 2 3 3
- online root samsung tab p 1000
- gt-p1000 root
- cwm p1000
- Root FlashCWMandInstallCyanogenMod10 1onSamsungGalaxyTabGT-P1000~TechBii
- flashing p1000 cyonegen
- How to install cwm and flash the gt p1000