Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X: MIUI 22.214.171.124 NCFMIED global stable ROM can be downloaded for Redmi Note 4. This stable update is made available for selected users over OTA prompt and if you’re quite excited to get the firmware without waiting more, you can download MIUI 126.96.36.199 NCFMIED global stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X from here and we’ll guide you how to install it on your device.
The previous global stable version for Redmi Note 4/4X (codenamed as Nikel, Mido, respectively) was 188.8.131.52 and with this firmware, you can directly update your device to the latest build. As of now, Xiaomi didn’t release the fastboot version of the build; which means, the firmware can only be installed as recovery ROM. You might have known that recovery ROMs don’t require PC or external mobile suite applications to get installed on a device.
You May Also Like: Download & Install Official LineageOS 14.1 on Redmi Note 4 (Mido)
In this tutorial, I will guide you how to install MIUI 184.108.40.206 global stable firmware on your Redmi Note 4/4X. You can either directly upgrade from the previous stable version or from previous builds. The procedure is quite similar to the methods which I have described in my older articles.
Manually updating Redmi Note 4 to MIUI 220.127.116.11 global stable ROM doesn’t void warranty or erase data within the device. The update procedure uses the phone’s stock recovery and obviously, this is a recovery ROM. So it should not be confused with the fastboot ROM. I will be updating the post with the fastboot method once I fetch the URL for the same.
How to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Note 4/4X
Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X (miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V126.96.36.199.NCFMIED_c0c5733b02_7.0) from here and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to ‘update.zip’ and open the Updater app on your device.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package’.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically.
Make sure you’ve kept minimum 30% battery juice on your Redmi Note 4 else the update won’t start. Usually, the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 4/4X update would take around 30 minutes to complete the process. Please note that Note 4X is the Chinese variant of the Global Note 4 version (Nikel) and the ROM should work with both devices.
You May Also Like: Download & Install Official MIUI 9 Update on Redmi Note 4 (mido)
This guide explained how to download and install MIUI 184.108.40.206 global stable ROM on Redmi Note 4 variants. If you had any difficulties while downloading or installing the same, let us know via comments.