The Samsung team has been cooking something special for their flagship device Samsung Galaxy S4- GTI9500 in their kitchen and here’s the good news. Now you can update your beloved Galaxy S4 to official stock firmware Android 4.2.2 with Odin method. Nothing to scare you here as it’s the official firmware update and we are lucky enough to have this update to the latest stock version.
One of the main benefit of this official update is, you don’t have to root your phone and more precisely, it’s 100% safe method which we can give guarantee over your device. As usual, Odin comes into the action here and I think most of you might be knowing the procedure to update the firmware using Odin Multi Downloader.
All these tools and softwares are the properties of respective owners and we have no responsibility over these files. Also TechBii should not be held responsible for any malfunction/fault done by the part. However, you can seek our advise anytime during the clause via comments.
- You must install appropriate USB drivers and ADB drivers in your Windows-based computer. So that, you can either use Samsung Kies or 3rd party softwares.
- Your phone should be charged for at least 60% in order to prevent power failure during data transfer.
- Make a backup of all important files including files in the phone storage, contacts, call logs etc. You can also use Google account to save the same.
- Make sure have the version GT- I9500 and it won’t work on any other versions.
- Enable USB debugging via Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
If you are done with the above requisites, let’s start the job as fast as possible. You are ready to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to official Android 4.2.2
Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.2.2 – Official
- Download software update firmware. Place it in an easy accessible place say, desktop. Don’t extract it.
- Download Special Odin tool from. Install from the file and let it open on the window.
- Now switch off your Galaxy S4 and enter into “Download Mode” by the combination of Vol Down+Home+power buttons simultaneously. Now you may see an Android Robot logo. Press the power button again to confirm again.
- In this stage, connect the phone to PC with USB cable and have a look at the Odin window. If you are could see the ID:COM section turned to Yellow color, you are ready to go. Or else, try re-installing the drivers and try once again. If it’s on the correct hand, in the white box in Odin, you can see “detected” message.
- Move on to the downloaded file in step 1 and load files into Odin as follows.
- Click on “PDA” button and select the file “CODE“
- Click on “phone” button and select the file called “MODEM” (Optional)
- Click on “CSC’ and select file with “CSC’ in its name. (optional)
- Click on “PIT’ and select the .pit file (optional).
Note: Also Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin menu.
Now you have loaded the essential files into the Odin tool and here we go to the last step. Simply click on Start button on the tool and wait for some minutes while it transfers the whole file into your core memory. After that, when your phone restarts, unplug the cable from PC and start dancing, yeah. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 to latest official 4.2.2 firmware.
Feel free to drop a comment, we do appreciate your queries, feedback and doubts. Hit share and support us.