The 2nd generation Moto E (LTE 2015 variant) get official nightly support from CyanogenMod and this tutorial explains how to manually update your Moto E LTE to android Nougat 7.1 via CyanogenMod 14.1 official builds. You might have already known that before modifying your Moto devices, the bootloader must be unlocked. So the installation steps comprise of unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, rooting the device and flashing the CM custom ROM.
In order to unlock the bootloader, you must request through the official Moto site. Keep in mind that it would void your warranty and you no longer get free services once you breaks the warranty terms. If you already have an unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery installed, updating Moto E LTE to CM 14.1 will be an easy task.
This tutorial to manually update Moto E LTE to Nougat 7.1 by flashing CyanogenMod custom ROM is specifically written for this (Moto E 2nd Gen) device and should not be tried with any other variants. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
Moto E LTE (2015) CM14.1 ROM Update : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Moto E must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CM. Unlocked bootloader is also mandatory.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
DownloadsCM14.1 TWRP GApps
Moto E2 (LTE 2015) CM 14.1 Nougat Update : Instructions
- Download the ROM and copy it to the root of your internal storage (/sdcard0/).
- Now reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Do a full wipe except for phone storage (data, dalvik, cache, system).
- Choose the CM14.1 ZIP and flash it.
- Once it’s done, flash the GApps in the same manner (download respective GApps first)
- Reboot system.
Once you’re done with the flashing of CM14.1 and Google apps on your Moto E2, you’re ready to rock with the latest Nougat 7.1 on your device. The initial boot may take a while please be patient meanwhile. You might need to set up the Google account during the device setup. You can skip this step as well.
You can always backup your apps & data with Titanium backup application for hassle-free restore. If you’re having trouble with installing CyanogenMod 14.1 on your Moto E LTE, let us know via comments. Moto E LTE CM14.1 update guide has been finished. Chill!
Recent search terms:
- boot images for moto e2 on cm 14 1
- moto e 2nd gen 7 1 gapps download
- how to enable volte in Moto e2 LTE in cm14 1 nightlys
- how to activate volte in cm 14 1 moto e2
- gapps for cm 14 1 moto e2 lte
- cm14 for moto e2
- cm 14 firmware for moto g4
- cm 14 1 nougat upadate for cm 14 1 for moto e2 lte version
- Cm 12 1 volte 20150802 for moto e2
- moto e2 cm 14 1 official rom