As announced, Mi6 and Redmi Note 4 starts receiving MIUI 9 based Global Beta updates (7.8.10) lately. These devices include in the first batch to get official MIUI 9 stable ROM update as well. However, if you couldn’t wait for more to explore what’s new in the latest MIUI 9 firmware, here’s how to get it manually by flashing the official Beta build.
Many readers kept asking me whether it’s possible to receive official stable updates in the future after flashing the beta and stable (recovery, fastboot) ROMs. Their common queries include:
If you were playing with stable and beta versions earlier, you might have known that once you flash the Beta ROMs manually, you can’t update it to the stable build over OTA. But it’s possible by flashing the same on your device with the help of recovery or fastboot ROMs. Since I provide the latest ROMs with installation guide, it won’t be a problem for you.
I hope you got the answer here.
You may also like: How to Update Redmi Note 4/4X to MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM
What’s New in MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10
MIUI 9 Lightning fast
New – Deep-level system optimizations
New – New icons
New – New animations for launching and existing apps
New – Simpler Home screen editing
New – Introducing Split screen
New – Improved Silent mode triggered by the volume button
New – Improved readability for the start page of Messaging
Optimization – Devices with rare Bluetooth profiles are hidden in the device list
New – Search for apps in the Dual app’s settings
Source: Official Mi Thread
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10 for Mi6 & Redmi Note 4
How to Update Mi6 & Redmi Note 4 to MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM (7.8.10)
Recovery ROM Method
- Download MIUI 7.8.10 Global Beta ROM for Mi6 (miui_MI6Global_7.8.10_024aaf1afd_7.1.zip) or for Note 4 (miui_HMNote4XGlobal_7.8.10_e9be2ff85a_7.0.zip) from the above download section and copy it the root of your internal storage.
- Now rename the ROM zip to update.zip and open the Updater app on your device.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package‘.
- It will open up the explorer. Just select the update.zip file you renamed and let the updater verify the ROM.
- Once the verification is done, you will be asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with that and the phone will install the ROM package in the recovery.
- Once it completes the installation, the device will reboot to the system automatically.
- Download Mi flash tool from the above download section.
- Turn off the device. Press the Vol– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MI flash tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install. After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
- Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognise the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
You might like: Download & Install Official MIUI 9 Update on Redmi Note 4 (mido)
Please note that the provided recovery and fastboot ROMs can be flashed on both Redmi Note 4 (nikel) or Note 4X (mido) at the same time. The firmware is same for both.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10 for Mi6 & Redmi Note 4 from the above links and do as exactly as mentioned in the page. In case you feel any difficulty while downloading and installing the ROMs, let us know via comments.