Unlike the first generation Moto G, the 2014 (2nd Gen) version didn’t get much developer support even though the device has so much potential. But the scenario has started to change since last week as some developers were really trying hard to bring as much development projects as possible. One of the notable developers is ‘Shawn‘, who works like anything to provide stable ROM for Moto G 2014 based on Lollipop.
Ever since the source code of Lollipop 5.0.2 has pushed out, he was trying to merge it to his Lollipop based ROM called “Titan Prime” and he has successfully done it. If you already unlocked your bootloader, you can easily taste the latest version of android a.k.a 5.0.2 by flashing this ROM.
The developer is currently working for four variants of Moto G 2014 i.e, XT1063/1064/1068/1069 and he has already released the stable version of the ROM thorough his thread. I own an XT1068 Indian Dual SIM version and been trying trying all his versions in my phone and the latest version is almost stable having ignorable bugs. But the best part is that he (Shawn-developer) is a workaholic and releases updates for the ROM as fast as he could.
In this post, I’ll guide you to install Titan Prime ROM in your Moto G 2014 with rooting procedure. You might have already seen that the rooting methods depend on SuperSU flashable ZIPs and it may take a while to boot the phone once you root it. Keeping it in mind, let’s see how you can install Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM in your Moto G 2014 (2nd Gen).
- You must have a custom recovery like TWRP. Get it from here if you don’t have already.
- The ROMs are different for XT1063/64 version and XT1068/69 version. Download the appropriate version with respect to your phone model. Incorrect flashing may lead to signal lose.
- Your bootloader must be unlocked.
- Backup all important files in the internal memory and settings.
- Charge your phone for at least 50% so the phone doesn’t die while flashing.
Install Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM on Moto G 2014 (2nd Gen) – Titan Prime ROM
- Download the latest build from here for XT1063/64 version and from here for XT1068/69 versions.
- Copy the ROM to your phone.
- Boot your phone into recovery (TWRP preferred).
- Do a backup of your current OS (Highly recommended).
- Now do Factory Reset from TWRP (WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA/FACTORY RESET).
- Install the copied ROM file.
- After successful flashing, wipe Cache and Dalvik from recovery itself.
- Reboot system.
You have successfully flashed the Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM in your Moto G 2014. It should take up to 5 minutes to boot for the first time. The ROM is not pre-rooted as of now. So you’ve to root it manually. In case you need to root your Moto G 2014 running on Lollipop 5.0.2, follow the below procedure.
How to Root Moto G 2014 Running on Lollipop 5.0.2 – SuperSu
- Download SuperSu beta v2.42 from here and copy it to your phone.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery and install the SU zip.
- After flashing, wipe Cache and Dalvik. Then reboot.
- Boot may take up to 3-4 minutes after wiping the caches.