Now root Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.2.2 Stock XXUAMC6 Firmware. Samsung galaxy S4 is the most anticipated smartphone in the gadget industry and after all mouth shuts, it’s been launched in Foreign markets. Unfortunately, it’s not yet arrived in Asian markets and we have to wait till June 2013. However, it never matters on Rooting arena and here’s how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 in shortest possible steps. All credits goes to the XDA member l3Lack H@t for providing such an awesome tutorial for us.
Samsung galaxy S4 rooting has not been tested on my behalf as I didn’t get the phone. In this case, we are solely depending the ready made tutorial made by XDA developers. I hope this is the first tutorial made for Galaxy S4 rooting except the one at XDA forums. As I said above, to minimize maximum glitch I will describe the tutorial as short as possible.
The root method works only on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on official Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean but not on the quad-core Snapdragon 600 variant with model number I9505. The both versions vary in terms of generic version and this method won’t work on the letter said model. So proceed with caution.
- Before going to the main steps, you should install Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers in your PC as it enables phone detection as well as Android Debugging Mode (ADB). You can get it from the official portal of Samsung Phones or from 3rd party websites. It’s a must.
- Check whether you have enabled ADB mode on your phone. If not, you can do it through Settings>> Applications>>Development.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data on your phone. You had better store a backup to DropBox.
- Keep battery at least 70 % to reduce power failures while rooting. It’s a Must.
I hope you’ve followed my requisites mentioned above and it’s time to begin our job. It’s nothing to worry about. Let’s proceed further.
TechBii does not hold any responsibilities on the after effect of this procedure and we are not liable with any kind of damage that might have caused though this tutorial. Stay safe.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500
- First of all, download I9500XXUAMC6 pre-rooted firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 and save it to your desktop for ease of selection. Use WinZip or something like that to extract the downloaded file as it’s a ZIP file.
- Download Odin v1.85 from here. It will help us to root the current Jelly Bean stock firmware.
- Hope you have downloaded the above 2 files and kept in a visible field. Now you have to turn your Galaxy S4 to Download Mode . It can be done as follows.
Press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle are seen. Press the Power button again to enter Download Mode
- Now install the Odin v1.85 which you have downloaded. Being in Download Mode, connect the phone to your PC via USB cable. Wait for a while until it detects your phone. If it successfully connects, a box will turn yellow. Don’t move to further step if it’s not appearing.
- This is an important step. On the “Odin” window, select the file as follows,
You Can Download the Screenshot of Odin Selection from Here
a) Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name
b) Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name
c) Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name
d) Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file
Neglect the rest options. Now check again whether you have made any error else click the ‘Start‘ button in Odin tool if you did well.Wait for the completion of the installation+rooting. The phone will automatically reboot after successful rooting. Once the home screen appears on the device, unplug the USB cable and check if “Super User” app is in the menu.
That’s it. Now you have done rooting on your Samsung Galaxy S4. Feel free to ask any doubts/errors via comments. Also share this post to promote us.