Samsung has officially rolled out the Nougat update for their flagship devices Galaxy S7 and S7 edge a couple of days back. If you own one of these devices (SM-G930FD/ or G935FD), here’s how to manually update the device to have the flavor of Nougat firmware.
If you were into android development field, you might have known that flashing an official firmware on Samsung devices require Odin flash tool. The process is simple but it can be troublesome sometimes. I made this tutorial to manually upgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Nougat as simple as possible to avoid any confusions in the update process.
The official firmware flashing process using Odin is intended for stock and non-rooted devices (works on rooted as well). In case your device has been rooted, you can try the simpler ROM flashing method using TWRP or similar custom recoveries. If you need assistance on that, let me know. I will cover a tutorial to manually flash Nougat ROMs on Galaxy S7 (and S7 Edge) soon.
Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Manual Nougat Update: Requirements
- The following guide if for Galaxy S7 versions only. So make sure you’ve got the right device.
- In order to proceed with the Odin installation, your PC needs Samsung USB drivers. Get USB drivers from here
- Make sure your phone is charger at least 50% to avoid power failure during manual update process
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S7 from Developer Options
Samsung S7 Update to Nougat: Disclaimer
All Samsung A7 firmware downloads are provided by Sammobile and we’re not responsible any damage that could happen by flashing that firmware. This manual Nougat update is specifically written for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge versions only and do not try with other models. This method is applicable for both rooted and non-rooted phones. However, your Galaxy S7 will be reset to stock after flashing this firmware, the root will be lost.
Nougat Update for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge : Manual Guide with Odin
- Download Nougat firmware for Galaxy S7 (G930FXXU1DQAZ_G930FODD1DQAZ_INS) and for S7 Edge ( G935FXXU1DQAZ_G935FODD1DQAZ_INS) from the above links.
- After downloading the archive, extract it to a folder.
- Download Odin tool from here and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy S7 to download mode. For this, first, switch off your phone and press and hold Vol – button, Power button and Home button simultaneously till you get a warning screen. From there, press Vol + to enter into download mode.
- Now launch Odin tool and connect your Galaxy S7 to the computer being in the download mode.
- Wait for Odin to detect your phone. It’s quite normal that the phone may not be detected for the first time in Odin. For this, re-install USB drivers and update missing drivers from Device Manager.
- Once the phone gets detected, click the BL button, navigate to the firmware folder and add BL_G935FXXU1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to it.
- Then click the AP button and add AP_G935FXXU1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship_meta.tar.md5 file to it.
- Click the CP button and add CP_G935FXXU1DQAF_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 after adding AP files.
- At last, click CSC button and load CSC_ODD_G935FODD1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5. Make sure you leave the HOME_CSC file.
- Once the firmware is loaded, click the START button to begin the manual firmware flash. If everything goes right, you’ll get PASS alert. The phone will be rebooted and from there, you can detach the phone from the computer and start using it.
That’s it for the manual update procedure for Samsung Galaxy S7 to Nougat. The Odin tool is a bit tricky as it won’t detect your device easily. Repeat the steps again and again until you get the green signal in Odin application followed by re-installing USB and device drivers.
If you felt any difficulties while downloading the Nougat firmware or updating S7 devices to Nougat with Odin tool, let us know via comments.
Recent search terms:
- firmware galaxy s7 upgrade to nougat
- full version nougat for samsung galaxy edge download
- s7 edge nougat updete file
- s7 nougat firmware
- samsung galaxy s7 nougat update download