Zephyr team has started to build official Nougat 7 ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S5 and here’s how you can manually update Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7 via Zephyr custom ROM. It’s known that Samsung is very reluctant to give updates to their phones, this includes the flagship devices as well. The only you have got is to update the firmware manually by installing custom ROMs like CyanogenMod and Zephyr.
I have recently published an article to manually update Galaxy S5 to android 7.1 Nougat via CyanogenMod 14.1. You might have seen that already. In case you don’t like the CM interface or want few more additional features, you may try updating your Galaxy S5 with Zephyr ROM.
Zephyr Nougat 7 ROM for Galaxy S5 Features
•Latest Firmware for G900H – BOG6
•Rooted (SuperSU 2.49)
•Init.d scripts support
•Knox Fully Removed
via: Official XDA thread
Samsung Galaxy S5 Nougat 7 Update : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Galaxy S5 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like Zephyr.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
Download Zephyr ROM & Open GAppsZephyr ROM Zephyr ROM
Nougat Update Guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7.1 by flashing Zephyr custom ROM is specifically written for this (S5) device and should not be tried with any other variants like Galaxy S4, S3 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you. This ROM is exclusively for G900H (Exonys Variant).
How to Update Galaxy S5 to Zephyr ROM Nougat 7 Manually
- Download both Zephyr ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your Galaxy S5.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, followed by switch off Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time. Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S5 screen flickers and the main screen of Recovery mode appears.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded Zephyr (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Nougat 7 update guide has been finished. After flashing Zephyr ROM on Galaxy S5, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
Zephyr ROM will be successfully installed in your Galaxy S5 after a while. Now you have manually updated Samsung Galaxy S5 to Nougat 7 by installing custom ROM. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on your S5, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- android7 s5 g900h
- zephyr rom galaxy s5
- Nougat Rom For Samsung S5 G900h
- g900h nougat rom
- samsung galaxy s5 g900h 7 0 rom
- rom zephyr nougat s5 sm-900h
- rom nougat for sm g900h
- nougat for s5 g900h
- rom android 7 0 galaxy s5 g900h
- new update for sm-g900h nougat custom rom download