Samsung has rolled out an official software patch for Galaxy J7 Prime (G610FDDU1AQA2) which fixes reported bugs and security concerns. The update is most likely to be hit over OTA and in case you didn’t get the update prompt Over The Air, here’s how you can manually flash the February software patch on Galaxy J7 Prime using Odin.
As far as I know, this particular software patch is only aired to Indian Galaxy J7 Prime users. If you live outside India and couldn’t wait more to get the update officially right through your phone, you may download the G610FDDU1AQA2 firmware from here and manually flash it with the help of Odin tool.
Odin is the (un)official software to flash the stock firmware on Samsung devices and we have covered lots of update guides which uses the tool. One of the biggest task while updating firmware with Odin is getting detected by the tool itself. For this, you might have to install the Samsung USB drivers along with Kies application.
Galaxy J7 Prime February Patch Update: Requirements
- The following guide if for Galaxy J7 version only. So make sure you’ve got the right device.
- In order to proceed with the Odin installation, your PC needs Samsung USB drivers. Get USB drivers from below.
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 50% to avoid power failure during manual update process
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J7 from Developer Options
Samsung J7 G610FDDU1AQA2 Patch: Disclaimer
All Samsung J7 firmware downloads are provided by Sammobile and we’re not responsible any damage that could happen by flashing that firmware. This manual update is specifically written for Galaxy J7 Prime only and do not try with other models. This method is applicable for both rooted and non-rooted phones. However, your Galaxy J7 will be reset to stock after flashing this firmware, the root will be lost.
How to Update Galaxy J7 Prime to February Patch Firmware
- Download the firmware from the above links.
- After downloading the archive, extract it to a folder.
- Download Odin tool and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy J7 to download mode. For this, first, switch off your phone and press and hold Vol – button, Power button and Home button simultaneously till you get a warning screen. From there, press Vol + to enter into download mode.
- Now launch Odin tool and connect your Galaxy J7 to the computer being in the download mode.
- Wait for Odin to detect your phone. It’s quite normal that the phone may not be detected for the first time in Odin. For this, re-install USB drivers and update missing drivers from Device Manager.
- From Odin click on the AP option and load the G610FDDU1AQA2 firmware file. Leave the Re-Partition and Auto Reboot Options unchecked.
- Once the firmware is loaded, click the START button to begin the manual firmware flash. If everything goes right, you’ll get PASS alert. The phone will be rebooted and from there, you can detach the phone from the computer and start using it.
That’s the manual February patch firmware update guide for Samsung Galaxy J7. The firmware size is low when compared to other updates as this particular one doesn’t add any new features to the phone. Rather, it’s focused on fixing reported bugs and security issues.
If you’re having difficulty in updating your J7 Prime to the February software patch using Odin, let us know via comments.
Recent search terms:
- j7 prime february security patch
- download samsung j7 prime firmware
- G610FDDU1AQA2 samsung j7 prime volte
- how to enable volte in j7 prime
- new update of j7 prime downloads
- j7 prime firmware february
- samsung galaxy j7 prime update software
- samsung galaxy j7 prime software update
- j7 prime update nougat
- icannot connect my j7 prime to computer