After CyanogenMod ceased the support to custom ROMs, the crew unites under the name Lineage OS and begins building awesome ROMs as they did earlier. LineageOS has officially announced support to most of the popular devices and here, I will guide you how to install LineageOS custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime, based on android Marshmallow.
MIUI 8 has been troublesome with VoLTE feature and if you’re still facing issues with VoLTE on Redmi 3S running on MIUI 8, I’d suggest you update your device with LineageOS. The ROM is pretty much stable for day-to-day purposes and here’s how you can update Redmi 3S Prime with CLineageOS stable version.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime LineageOS Update: Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Unlocked bootloader is mandatory to perform developmental activities like flashing custom ROMs in Xiaomi devices.
- Your Mi device must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
LineageOS Update Guide for Redmi 3S Prime: Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Redmi 3S Prime to LineageOS custom ROM is specifically written for this (3S Prime-land) device and should not be tried with any other variants like Redmi Note 3 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
LineageOS for Redmi 3S Prime: Special Features
- VoLTE support for LTE calls
- VoLTE enabled video calling
- F2FS file support
- Lineage optimizations etc
Download LineageOS & OpenGApps
How to Update Redmi 3S to LineageOS ROM Manually
- Download both LineageOS ROM and corresponding Google Apps package and copy to the internal storage of your Redmi.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. (TWRP 3+ recommended)
- Power off your phone.
- Hold “Volume Down + Power+ Volume Up” for at least 3 seconds and then release the buttons when it vibrates.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded ROM(.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Redmi 3S Prime LineageOS update guide has been finished. After flashing LineageOS on Redmi 3S, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
LineageOS based on Marshmallow will be successfully installed in your Xiaomi Redmi 3S after a while. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing LineageOS on your Redmi device, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- custom rom for land
- custom rom land
- download nougat for redmi 3s prime for land
- eror while downloading theme for mi 3s prime
- redmi 3s prime lineage os