I’ve been posting continuous posts on cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy mini these days. Needless to say, it simply rocks do I can’t actually get it out. I have never thought of running such a top notch version of Android in my entry level smartphone.
All credit goes to the outstanding guys at xda developers. Especially Rohan and Erickas made this possible.
The latest version of Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 includes some of the best features that even iOS couldn’t offer. This update got some (more) major change in user interface like new drop down menu, updated jelly bean keyboard, awesome time and date widget and lots more.
Updated with latest version(27/01/13) and included camera fixes that can be used if you still experience crashes.
PS : Many of the readers reported about the broken link for CM10.1 download. All have been fixed and enjoy.
Let’s see what’s working really with this update by Rohan
*Tethering(USB and WiFi)
USB tethering Was the biggest issue when it comes to previous cm updates. We had to use PDAnet or East Tether for USB tethering. But he has really worked hard to fix this issue with default USB tethering.
However, there exist a bug, Layout not completely fixed. As usual, let’s hope it will be fixed in upcoming releases. I’ve to mention the camera especially in this case. Camera stands almost near to the stock One so that you need not suffer the pain.
Change logs (from xda)
* Most stable release
* Everything works now
* 99% layouts fixed.
* Kernel updated; offline charging
* WPA2 Encrytion works
* Many more under the hood changes
Nightly -1 [7-1-13]
* Blue over scroll effect included [That orange over scroll is now gone]
* All Layouts fixed
* Fixed some kernel spamming
* Panorama fixed (a bit laggy though)
* Other CM changes
Beta 1 [6-1-13]
* Video and YouTube fixed
* Camera fixed completely
* Everything works great;all in all a
very stable release
* More LDPI configs
* GPS should be faster now
* CM changes
Download old CM10.1
Must download – Patch for Error less booting. Download this and flash along with the ROM
* Download and copy the ROM to your SD Card.
* Reboot your phone to recovery by
pressing home button + power button simultaneously.
*. Choose Install from SD Card by
navigating with volume keys.
* Choose the installed file from the list.
*. After installation, wipe data, and
*. Reboot system.
Done. This version does not include
Gapps. So you’ve to install it manually.
Note : 1. Only do the above procedures if your Android device is rooted already.
2. Always do a NANDROID backup
before applying any updates. So move on to recovery options > restore and backup > backup
3. After installing the ROM, you may sometimes struck at boot. Just
reinsert the battery and switch on.
Hope this guide has helped you to get most from your Android device. Share and do let me know if some bugs have conquered your flashing.
Recent search terms:
- Cyanogenmod 10 1 galaxy mini
- cyanogenmod 10 1 for galaxy mini
- cyanogenmod 10 galaxy mini 2013
- cm 10 for gt s5282
- cynogen mode 10 1 on samsung galaxy starpto
- Cm10 1 for samsung star 5282
- Cm 10 1 custom rom samsung 5282
- cm 10 1 for galaxy star
- gapps cm10 1 star duos gt5282
- galaxy star s5282 cyanogenmod download