Unofficial Nougat 7 update has been made possible for Android One series phone Micromax Canvas A1 via CyanogenMod (CM) 14 alpha build. CM 14 for Canvas A1 is more like a WIP (Work In Progress) build which is in the initial stages of development. That means you will be having bugs in these builds. However, if you’re curious to know what the features are Nougat providing through CM 14 ROM, I suggest you install CM 14 in your Canvas A1.
All credit goes to XDA super dev varun.chitre15 as he’s the unofficial maintainer of CyanogenMod 14 on Canvas A1. As per his release note, everything works except the video encoding/decoding and mobile data. If you don’t have a WiFi connection at your home or you mainly use mobile data for the Internet, you had better don’t try this unless he fixes the bug.
Micromax Canvas A1 CM 14 : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Canvas A1 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CM.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
Download CM 14 & GApps for Canvas A1CM 14 Open GApps
Nougat Update Guide for Micromax Canvas A1 : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Micromax Canvas A1 to Nougat 7 by flashing CyanogenMod custom ROM is specifically written for this (A1) device and should not be tried with any other variants. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7 Update for Canvas A1 : Guide
- Download both CM ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your Canvas A1.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded Zephyr (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Canvas A1 Nougat 7 update guide has been finished. After flashing CM14 ROM onCanvas A1, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
CyanogenMod 14 will be successfully installed in your Canvas after a while. Now you have manually updated Micromax Canvas A1 to Nougat 7 by installing custom ROM. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on devcie, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- micromax canvas a1 custom rom Android 7
- android nougat for micromax canvas a1
- flash volte zip in micromax canvas a1
- micromax 428 volte update file
- micromax a1 cm14
- micromax canavs a1 nougat update xda
- Micromax Canvas a1 not working internet in cm14
- micromax canvas a1 update 7 1
- micromax canvas a1 update to 7 1 rom
- Micromax Canvas A1 xda