CyanogenMod 14.1 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser & Selfie devices based on Nougat 7.1 is up and here’s how to update Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie to official CM 14.1. CyanogenMod 14.1 officially supports Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL ( Z00L / Z00LD ), Laser ZE550KG ( Z00W / Z00WD ) and unofficially supports Zenfone Laser ZE600KL ( Z00M / Z00MD / Z00MDD ) versions.
CM 14.1 for Zenfone 2 is almost stable and can be used as a daily driver. However, the external speakers have some trouble wit the ZE600KL model. The workaround to fix this issue has also been included at the bottom of this post. As far as Asus doesn’t provide official Nougat 7 update for Zenfone 2 phones, you can manually update your device by installing CM 14.1.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie Nougat Update : Requirements
- Flashing a new ROM wipes data. So backup your files safe.
- Your Zenfone 2 must be rooted with a custom recovery in order to flash custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
- Maintain a decent amount of battery in your device to avoid power failure during the installation process.
- Install USB drivers for your computer to transfer files between the PC & mobile device.
DownloadsCM 14.1 for Zenfone 2 Gapps for CM 14.1 Zenfone 2 Speaker Fix
Nougat Update Guide for Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie : Disclaimer
This tutorial to manually update Asus Zenfone 2 to Nougat by flashing CM 14.1 custom ROM is specifically written for this (Zenfone) device and should not be tried with any other variants like Zenfone 3 etc. Any damage that may happen to your device by following this tutorial is solely owned by you.
How to Update Zenfone 2 to CM 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Manually
- Download both CM 14.1 ROM and corresponding Google Apps package from above links and copy to the internal storage of your Zenfone 2.
- Reboot your phone to custom recovery. For this, power off your phone and press and hold Vol – key and Power button simultaneously till the device vibrates and boot to recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik and System from the recovery. Or choose factory reset.
- Now choose the downloaded CM 14.1 (.zip) and flash. Once it’s done, go back and flash GApps in the same way.
- Reboot system.
Zenfone 2 CM 14.1 Troubleshooting
The developer suggets you to update to Marshmallow first prior directly updating to Nougat from Lollipop firmware. If you’re running LP firmware it should fail saying that “asus.verify_trustzone” assert has failed. In order to update your firmware to MM one you can either flash Marshmallow ROMin stock recovery or flash a package that will update your firmware which you can download right here.
Also after updating to Nougat 7.1 via CM 14.1, some Zenfone 2 series device’s external speakers may not work. So flash the Speaker Fix file through the recovery after flashing Google Apps package.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie Nougat 7.1 update guide has been finished. After flashing CM 14.1 on Zenfone 2, it would take few minutes to boot up your device for the first time. It’s quite natural and nothing to worry about it. If your device didn’t turn on even after 30 minutes, go back to recovery and follow whole steps once again.
CyanogenMod 14.1 will be successfully installed in your Zenfone 2 after a while. Now you have manually updated Asus Zenfone Laser/Selfie to Nougat 7.1 by installing CM 14.1. Make sure you flash GApps just after the ROM else it would cause infinite force closes during the device startup. If you felt any difficulty while installing CM 14 on your Zenfone, let me know.
Recent search terms:
- asus zenfone selfie volte update download
- download cm 14 for ASUS ZenFone 2 laser
- cm 14 1 download for asus zenfone 2 laser
- cm 14 1 for asus zenfone 2 laser ze550kl
- asus selfie volte firmware
- cm 14 1 asus zenfone 2 lezer 550
- cm 14 1 for asus z00ld
- external speaker not working on 7 1 nougat
- xposed zenfone 2 cm14
- nougat 7 download for asus selfie